Chemical Engineer - OCSPP
This position is in Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention, Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics, New Chemicals Division, Risk Assessment Branch 2.
About the Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention: OCSPP
This is an office-centered position--you must physically report to the duty station stated in this announcement on a regular basis. Partial work-from-home flexibilities may be authorized.
- Interpret, evaluate, and analyze data and other information for the development of human health and environmental assessments, with a focus on occupational exposures and environmental releases;
- Determine the general approach necessary to accomplish the review and evaluation of data;
- Prepare reports that include the evaluation of the available data, and assessments of exposure, hazard and fate, and transport and risk from exposure to chemicals;
- Review and make recommendations on occupational exposure analyses for chemicals and risks resulting from the use of chemicals in various environments;
- Provide scientific expertise, technical advice, and assistance to other scientists, supervisors, and higher management officials in toxics programs.
When entering a Federal job at a grade level lower than the highest promotion potential level, you may be promoted to more complex duties and work more independently, as your career progresses.