Marketing & Administrative Coordinator
Salary Range:$22.73 To 28.42 Hourly
Do you have experience in providing administrative support?
Do you have experience in coordinator marketing materials or social media postings?
Do you want to continue to thrive and grow in your experience, training and education?
THE CITY OF LEAWOOD, KANSAS is looking for a
Marketing & Administrative Coordinator
Why you should apply to be a part of the Parks, Recreation & Arts Department at the City of Leawood as the Marketing & Administrative Coordinator:
- The City of Leawood is in an exciting and dynamic period of internal growth and we are looking at to expand the Parks, Recreation & Arts Administrative Team.
- The Parks, Recreation & Arts team challenges and supports each other to grow personally and professionally.
- The Department strives for excellence in their service to each other, fellow employees, the Governing Body and ultimately the citizens of Leawood.
Additional Information: The City of Leawood offers career development opportunities in which the employee could increase their experience, training, and pay. The position is eligible to receive merit based pay increases every year (merit increase up to 3.9% increase) and opportunities to continue to grow in their development. Employees also receive a Time In Service Bonus every three years of employment on their anniversary date equal to 5% of their annual salary.
Summary of the Position: The Parks, Recreation & Arts Marketing & Administrative Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of the marketing initiatives and administrative responsibilities for the Parks, Recreation & Arts Department.
General Overview of Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the distribution of marketing and promotional materials based on the City’s Communication Plan for the City’s recreation facilities, programs, cultural arts, sports and events.
- Coordinates the Department’s external and internal communications regarding Parks, Recreation & Arts services. Working in conjunction with the City’s Communication Plan develops, writes, reviews and disseminates press releases, marketing materials.
- Collaborates with Recreation staff on the development and distribution of marketing materials, media busy and all public facing marketing for upcoming events and programs based on the City’s Communication Plan.
- Responsible for the development, review, printing and distribution of the biannual Parks, Recreation & Arts Program Guide.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the department’s section of the City’s website and event calendars.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the Department’s social media platforms and ensuring all postings are in line with the City’s Communication Plan.
- Responsible for preparing, monitoring and evaluating the operating budgets for the Department’s marketing initiatives.
- Serves as the Department’s representative on the Citywide Communication Committee.
- Assists the Parks, Recreation & Arts Director in responding to Open Records Act requests, accordingly, ensuring requested information is dispensed in compliance with internal policy and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining department files on City Council and Committee related approved agenda items, resolutions and projects.
- Responsible for the supervision and ongoing evaluation of the Graphic Technician.
- Conducts employee performance appraisals, provides development opportunities and performance improvement needs, and handles disciplinary actions for assigned personnel.
- Works in conjunction with the City’s Legal department on developing, administering and maintaining required contracts and agreements for any marketing initiatives.
- Assists department in carrying out various parks and recreation programs and activities via research and procurement of equipment and supplies when directed.
- Provides administrative support, information, and direction to employees, the public and departments regarding parks and recreation activities and programs, including but not limited to classes, special events, park facilities and reservations.
- Assists the Department Superintendents with coordinating the processing and entering of departmental invoices and purchase requisitions for approval signatures.
- Assists the department in the development, implementation and evaluation of department programs, objectives, policies and procedures.
- May assist the Director and Assistant Director with tracking of annual budget.
- May assist the Staff Liaisons to the Parks & Recreation Advisory Board, Ironhorse Golf Committee, Historic Commission, Bike/Walk, Sustainability Committee and Arts Council.
Must have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. Must have a minimum of three (3) years of experience in marketing, administrative, clerical or equivalent experience. An Associate’s degree in Marketing or related field is equivalent to two (2) years of experience. Must have two (2) years of supervisory experience. Must possess a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record per the City’s drivers Use of Vehicles for City Business policy throughout employment with the City.
Accepting Applications through Sunday, October 15, 2023
Starting Rate of Pay: $22.73 -$28.42 / hourly, DOQ
(This is a non-exempt benefits eligible position.)