Bioanalytical Scientist Co-Op
Boehringer Ingelheim is currently seeking a talented and innovative Co-Op student to join our Bioanalysis and Metabolism department located at our North Brunswick, NJ facility. As Co-Op student, you will develop innovative bioanalytical method for drug (monoclonal antibody) in biological matrices including plasma, excreta and tissues from animals. You will have the opportunity to work in an industry setting in a state-of-the-art bioanalytical laboratory.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop fast approaches to quantify the protein drugs (i.e., monoclonal antibodies, biomarkers and anti-drug antibody) in plasma.
- Develop innovative plasma and tissue bioanalysis techniques using automatic sample preparation techniques.
- Must be a current undergraduate, graduate or advanced degree student in good academic standing.
- Student must be enrolled at a college or university for the duration of the internship.
- Overall cumulative minimum GPA from last completed quarter/semester 3.0 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) preferred.
- Major or minor in related field of internship.
- Undergraduate students must have completed at least 12 credit hours at current college or university.
- Graduate and advanced degree students must have completed at least 9 credit hours at current college or university.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required).
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Desired Skills, Experience and Abilities
- An innovative minded, hardworking student working towards an advanced degree
- Experience in molecular biological methods (ELISA, and others) is desirable
- Experience with LC-MS and sample preparation techniques including but not limited to SPE, LLE, etc. is desirable
- A solid background in analytical chemistry and biochemistry is required