Product Marketing Manager
Alarm.com is looking for a smart, tenacious, and inquisitive B2B2B and B2B2C Product Marketer who can operate between product management, sales, marketing, and training to help develop and execute the go-to-market strategy for Alarm.com products. The product marketer must be able to assess the market to understand the product/service landscape our channel partners (and their customers) sit in. The Product Marketing Manager will drive research projects to understand market needs, trends, and competition. He/she/they will be responsible for developing video and partner services product positioning and content/tools for sales enablement and product launches.
This role will work closely with product management, partner marketing, and sales teams to identify gaps, develop resources, and launch associated initiatives to support the residential and venture business units' growth goals.
- Helps formulate and execute go-to-market strategy for key video and/or partner services product lines and new product launches
- Develops product positioning content, messaging, and sales enablement assets
- Acts as the Voice of the Customer champion; collects feedback from partner and end user-facing teams to fuel product development and roadmaps
- Supports effective product launches by driving internal consensus around project and product delivery dates and works with all teams to ensure milestone and delivery dates are met
- Helps turn marketing and buyer intelligence into sales tools and thought leadership to support the full sales cycle
- Creates content, assets, and tools including market briefs, sales playbooks, and other materials
- Develops actionable, data-driven insights to inform product and marketing strategy
- Drives development and validation of product/service positioning, category creation, messaging, and competitive segmentation
- Articulates the differentiated value of Alarm.com technology and can clearly communicate the value to internal and external audiences. Understands technical product/service specs and translates them into meaningful benefits for impacted audiences
- 0-2 years of Product Marketing Experience OR Marketing experience in the Tech field
- Bachelor's degree- Degree in business, engineering, or hard sciences a plus
- Demonstratable track record of crafting compelling positioning and thought leadership content
- Passion for Internet of Things (IoT), software-as-a-service, technology, and innovative thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for new technologies and working in fast-moving markets
- Ability to synthesize high-level direction from leadership into actionable work products
- Ability to own project development, execution, and completion autonomously
Alarm.com is the leading cloud-based platform for smart security and the Internet of Things. More than 7.6 million home and business owners depend on our solutions every day to make their properties safer, smarter, and more efficient. And every day, we’re innovating new technologies in rapidly evolving spaces including AI, video analytics, facial recognition, machine learning, energy analytics, and more. We’re seeking those who are passionate about creating change through technology and who want to make a lasting impact on the world around them.
For more information, please visit www.alarm.com.
Alarm.com offers competitive pay and benefits inclusive of subsidized medical plan options, an HSA with generous company contribution, a 401(k) with employer match, and paid holidays, wellness time, and vacation increasing with tenure. Paid maternity and bonding leave, company-paid disability and life insurance, FSAs, well-being resources and activities, and a casual dress work environment are also part of our outstanding total rewards package!
Alarm.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, criminal record, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting criminal background checks as permitted by law, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.