Hospitality/Food Service - Summer Camp Internship (PAID)
Camp Towanda is the premier co-ed, 7 week sleep-away camp for children ages 7-17. We offer a well rounded program of activities from sports, to the waterfront, Outdoor Adventure and the Arts. Camp Towanda welcomes over 400 campers from around the United States and abroad and 300 staff each summer from around the world.
As a Hospitality Intern at Camp Towanda, your primary responsibility will be involved with the behind-the-scenes operations. There is opportunity to focus on different areas including general operations and promotions, the kitchen and dining hall operations, housekeeping services, facility maintenance and/or security. This is an hands-on experience and opportunity to work from the ground up; with guidance, support and care from our Leadership Team with daily feedback, weekly reviews and instruction.
Hospitality interns will also learn from our entire Leadership Team about other aspects of our program including new camper tours, alumni/family relations, branded giveaways, employee benefits and customer service. Interns will be given the opportunity to contribute to all aspects of summer camp operations including how we welcome staff, families, campers, organize events, and all things that contribute to Camp Towanda being a leader in the camping industry.
An internship at Camp Towanda will prepare any candidate for employment in all areas of hospitality from summer camp, to resorts and hotels, events, and more.
- Build upon the knowledge of your major and strengthen your customer service, management and hospitality skills.
- Improve self confidence and initiative by working with a diverse, multicultural staff.
- Understand logistics and operations related to managing a children's summer camp.
- Strengthen leadership, teamwork and communication skills while experiencing the importance and impact of being a positive role model to hundreds of children.
- Take advantage of networking and mentoring opportunities from our Leadership Team, Alumni and Parent Network.
Whether interns hope to concentrate on a specific area of operations, or learn about all aspects, below is a list of possible areas of interest.
- Inventory & personnel management.
- All phases of food preparation and kitchen clean up
- Facility set up, serving and clean up
- Health and Safety Standards.
- Waste management
- Facilities operations & management (construction projects, groundskeeping & landscaping)
- Security personal and procedures
Benefits of Interning and Working at Camp Towanda:
- Individually tailored experience to meet your goals, working with school advisors so that you get the most out of your internship.
- Hands on program, working directly in your discipline.
- Real world work experience with industry experts.
- Work with a diverse team from around the world.
- Join a vast network of staff, Alumni and Parents.
- Transportation reimbursement, housing, meals, uniform and laundry service provided.
Available mid-June thru mid-August
- There is opportunity to continue through end of August to experience our post-camp rentals & groups
- Looking to pursue a career in hospitality
- Flexible and acclimates well to change
- Positive attitude
- Team player
The next step is to fill out our online application. We will then connect to set up a video interview over Zoom. Our internships are integrated with our hired camp counselor positions; there is one application. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us. 570-253-3266 or firstname.lastname@example.org