City Teaching Alliance Resident 2024 (for Aspiring Teachers)
Current Deadline – November 13, 2023
Are you ready to make a difference in urban classrooms? With City Teaching Alliance, you’ll get a teaching residency, a Master of Arts in Teaching, and more hours of 1:1 coaching than other teacher preparation programs.
Our 4-year teacher training program will prepare you to be an expert educator and combat educational inequity, and you’ll get incredible benefits while you’re at it.
We seek passionate individuals for Elementary Education, Secondary Math, and Secondary Literacy roles in Washington DC, Baltimore, Dallas, and Philadelphia.
- Residency Year: Gain hands-on experience and expert guidance in urban classrooms, under the guidance of a mentor teacher.
- Signing Bonus: Receive a $1,000 bonus when you join Cohort 2024.
- Transitional Assistance: Get up to $2,000 to support relocation, with the ability to apply for additional needs-based transitional funding, up to $4,000 total.
- Master's Degree: Earn a Master's from American University School of Education within your first two years in the classroom.
- Coaching and Mentoring: Four years of tailored support, including three years of one-on-one coaching.
- Placement Program: Start your second year as a full-time teacher in partner districts in the following regions: Washington DC, Baltimore, Dallas, and Philadelphia.
Meaningful Work: Our program develops and prepares highly qualified teachers for the purpose of combating racial and socioeconomic inequality. We believe in empowering students through learning.
Year 1: Stipend of $28,000 - $38,600, plus books, materials, and healthcare benefits.
Years 2-4: Full-time teaching with a salary of $50,000 - $60,000, plus education awards, grants, and scholarships (totaling up to $16,000 for eligible participants and up to an additional $25,000 for BEI-eligible participants).
Bachelor's degree by June 2024 (or June 2025 for early applicants)
Minimum 2.5 undergraduate GPA
US Citizen, Permanent Resident, or DACA recipient
About City Teaching Alliance
Join City Teaching Alliance and embark on a journey to become an expert educator who empowers every child. Our program equips you with a 14-month urban residency, a Master of Arts in Teaching, and three years of coaching. Be a force for change in high-needs schools and champion better teacher preparation nationwide. Your career starts here.