Advocacy Internship Overview
International Christian Concern (ICC), www.persecution.org, is a Washington DC area non-profit devoted to providing assistance, advocacy, and awareness for persecuted Christians worldwide. ICC internships offer students an incredible opportunity to gain experience in areas such as non-profit ministry, international relations, humanitarian aid, writing, research, Capitol Hill advocacy, communications, and media, while aiding in relieving the suffering of those persecuted for the faith. The internship program is based at ICC’s corporate headquarters in the Washington DC area.
- Full-time or part-time
- Minimum 2-month commitment
- $10/day travel reimbursement
· Qualifications and requirements to apply:
§ Minimum age: 18 years.
§ Education: Undergraduate freshman or above
§ Contact information for 3 references (including one spiritual reference)
§ Complete online application found at link below
Mentorship: All interns are assigned a staff mentor. Mentors work closely with interns in personal and professional development, meeting regularly to answer questions, provide meaningful projects, offer career advice, and assist interns in getting the most out of the program.
Work Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
Advocacy Internships include, but not limited to:
· Research to Collect and submit evidence of persecution
· Writing reports or presentations
· Research and planning of ICC Advocacy Events
· Networking with other NGO groups
· Representing ICC at various meetings in Washington, DC with Congress or local NGO groups
· Working to get members of Congress to hold earnings
· Letter writing initiatives
· Petition creation and management